Thursday 14 January 2021

Feeling better about everything!

And done. I love when I can start a post with that.



Plus, getting something done has lightened my mood considerably though the landlord seems to think it isn't the sock so much as sleeping all day everyday for the last three days that is responsible for my lightened mood.

As I was putting sock yarn ends away, I pulled out the remaining two pairs of socks to show as well.  They haven't been out for a bit and there is progress.  


I was not liking the light coloured pair at first.  It looked so washed out and un inspiring but now, having gotten this far, about half done for a good tube sock, I like it just fine.  And these marvelous greens from String Theory.  What can I say.  LOVE.

My sewing suffered through the great sleepathon too.  I cut out but did not sew and at this momnet, there aree two pairs of pants waiting their turn at the machine.  The fabric is laid out for a second pair of jogging fleece pants, and I hope to cut out another pair or two of the narrow cut legging like pants that I did late last year.  That will be my focus today.  

Once that cutting is done, I am going to sit down and have a sewing day.  These are all fairly basic pants, basic in that there are no zippers, and the fit is right so I can go forward confidently.  Once you have confidence in what you are sewing, and without all the fuss of  zippers and skipping the pockets as I am, pants are a fairly simple to sew thing.  Pants are bascially a few straight seams and no small pieces.  

While I do have fabric on hand for shirts, and yes, they will be sewn, what I am really waiting for is spring fabrics.  Stores are just prepping for the season change and not a lot of new stuff is in just yet.  I am really looking forward to picking up fabric for some birghter sunnier feeling shirts and tops for this summer.  All the fabrics I have are dark and plain.  I think I want a few bright patterns, flowers, birds, funky stuff.  But nice funky.  

And that is where my head is at today.  

No comments: