Monday 28 December 2020

One Less WIP

The time between Christmas and New Years ought to be a time to go through your WIP bins to see what you remain committed to and still want to knit.  There are only 11 of them now and that includes the sock project and one project that rmains in swatch form only.  That is a very low number of things to have on the go but even so, it is something I looked at yesterday.

My green jacket.  




I was so sad that there wasn't enough yarn to get what I wanted. I think that is why I rarely ever look at it.  It isnt what I wanted.

I tried twice to get the right yarn to do a colour blocked look.  Both times, I guessed wrong, the first brown did not match my green and the second, the grey that was sent was too light.  And then, to top it off, with quarantine, I am not going out much, and the times that I have this winter, have been mostly car trips.  I haven't really spent time outside on a day that would be cold enough to not get by with 2 layered sweaters.  I find myself rethinking the need for a coat.

What remains though is the desire for warmth and wearability while I am working around the house.  some yarns just cannot cut it but this lovely dense yarn could.  Maybe a vest?  There would be enough yarn if I made a vest, I think.

Anyway, it is going to go for yarn recovery, and then we shall see what I can do.  Part of me hopes that I did not do the sleeves simultaneous because then, by just taking the sleeves off, I am halfway home.  The other part of me knows that the chance of me doing something so smart is zilch.

It may be partial recovery.  It may be total.  But there will be one less WIP by days end.

No comments: