Tuesday 10 November 2020

Toes.

I am not a sound sleeper.  I haven't been for many years.  Long ago I decided that I was not going to call it a thing and worry about it because that usually makes the problem even worse.  Where some may have called it insomnia, I just call it a weird sleep routine.  I get up and read a little or knit till I feel chilly and then I know that burrowing in my cozy blankets will put me right back to sleep.

So last night when I woke, I found this.


It is the foot of the fey creature in the racoon suit you saw yesterday.

There she was, sleeping under my bed.  I don't know why she was there.  I thought I heard something just as I was going to sleep, but I called out for whoever was under my bed to come out and no one did.  She usually can't stop laughing when she does something silly so I suspect a joke and then by the time I heard her, she was asleep.  I tickled those toes till she woke and she went off to bed and slept really really well according to her account.  

And that is sort of the way the day went.

No comments: