Thursday 12 November 2020

Thursday

Things have been moving along here.  My blanket is looking good and I am about a two hundred metres ( by weight) from the end of the first giant ball of cream.  The end of the first ball of cream means half done so I think it is going along nicely.  Slow and steady seems to be working!

I would knit this morning, but my left hand is unhappy and I really don't know why.  There was no excessive knitting.  I worked out my hand with my stretcher excersizes and I used my powerball to keep my wrist strong and balanced and yet, in the middle of the day, my middle finger started to ache when I move it.  I don't think it is a carpal thing because the pain seems to start in the knuckle and only goes up, not down. It feels more like a sprain. In any case, I am not knitting right now.   

Because of this, I am going to spend my morning doing a bit of yarn winding.  I have that silk I pulled that I would like to wind and that gorgeous fuzzy Handmaiden.  If the kids want to help, then there are a couple skeins of purple Sweet Georgia and a skein of Alegria in the Locura Fluo colourway to wind too.  If things go nuts and the kids really feel like work, there is always a sweater quantity somewhere needing winding.  

The kids and I are having fun, though it has been almost a week and they are really missing mom and dad and their stuff and their beds.  Even fun at grandma's house isn't fun if it goes on too long.  There has been very little squabbling and a whole lot more goofiness. Goofiness like yesterday afternoon, where they had pillow fights all afternoon and never went past the pillows to turn the 'fight' into a fight.  These are good kids and they hardly need me anymore.     

This afternoon is mail and I am really looking forward to it.  I have a package coming from Camilla Valley farms with a different style beater for my loom.  I purchased the loom with a hanging beater and it works well enough but the regular beater has a race now (I don't know that it did before.  I looked for it and there was nothing said about it) and I really wanted a race.  I am not now and am never going to be a great thrower but slipping is down a race?  I can do that.  I also have a package of grey heathered yarn coming from Mary Maxim.  I was looking for a dark gray for Scott and Amy's Sock Monkey Blanket and I am hoping this one will work.  If not it will go to knitting hats and cowls for the those in need and I will have to keep looking.  Keep your fingers crossed that my minion, for whom I am exceedingly grateful, will get off work in time to get there before the PO closes.  

   

No comments: