Tuesday 17 November 2020

Sweater Update

I started this sweater on the 26 of October, so it has been in the works for three weeks so far.  I was kind of hoping to have it completed by now, but having the kids here last week threw a monkey wrench into the speed sweater plan.  But having time with my monkeys is worth more than a speed sweater so it is all good.  Besides, some sweaters are ten day sweaters and some are not.

I shouldn't have hoped for speed anyway.  Not with what I wanted from this sweater.  I wanted warm and cozy.  I wanted tunic length.  I wanted long sleeves and a high neckline.  All those things combine to mean that there is a lot of knitting that needs to happen and getting where I am in more or less two weeks, is wonderful.  And this is where I am.


It is getting there.  The body is at it's full stitch count so it is all easy knitting from here on.  It is fifteen inches long from underarm to hem, so only three more inches of stockinette to go and then some ribbing.  I am right at the place where I would separate for a split hem if I was going to have a split hem.  Might happen yet.  I haven't decided.  We shall see what happens when I pick it up to work on it.  

I am also just at the start of the second cone of yarn. I am barely two rows into the new cone and I wanted you to see just how far these cones go.  I am not at all worried about running out of yarn.  Yes.  I know!


No comments: