Tuesday 3 November 2020

On the Hunt

Only a bit of knitting happened yesterday.  But I am now most assuredly at what is my hips.  


Yes, I know it looks like a mere two inches from the chest but my hips are perilously close to my waist and my waist is perilously close to my ribcage and bosom.  I had a good bit of a laugh the other day on reading how clothing manufacturers are working hard to be more size inclusive.  They are still not going to be including me.  It just is the way it is.

I spent most of the day digging in yarn again.  It was lovely.  I found a few things I had been looking for for a while.  


I found the missing cedar!  It is Fleece Artist BFL 2\8 that I planned to make a Tempest cardigan out of.  I have had the partly used skein and the multi colours together for a long time but the second cedar hank has been missing in the stash for more years than I care to think about.  It is nice to have them together again. I used some of the green to make a gift for a good friend several years ago,   I am not sure that I have enough green semi solid yarn to do Tempest now.  It has distinctive striping and I have a feeling that I might have to play around a bit with the stripe widths.  Or height.  Whichever you prefer.  Anyway, I am going to weigh what I have and compare against other projects on Ravelry and see what I have.  I bought generously so here is hoping.

That is not really the knitting for now though.  That will be after Christmas knitting at the earliest.  First warm sweaters for winter.  Once I have a few of those under my belt, then we can talk lighter weight things.

What I still am looking for is the Quoddy Blue Regal.  I pulled out the two grays that might be my third colour of that very pretty Agate Cove Pullover and I have all the white out too.  The Quoddy Blue is somewhere in there, still eluding me.  I am going to keep digging till I find it.  

If you don't hear from me, call the landlord.  I got lost in the yarn or buried in an avalanche of goodness.  I am likely having a good time, but if you could just tell him to bring me some coffee?   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Needles,

Love reading your posts. I really love to knit. I am still having to work to find the time by making it a priority in between the many house projects that need to be completed and helping with my elderly mum. It is so relaxing to sit down with my yarn and needles and let my mind just float. On days where I am not able to pick up the needles reading and seeing your progress always gives me such satisfaction. I can't believe how much you get done.

Fay