Thursday 19 November 2020

Just for fun

Shhh don't tell anyone, but I spent the day yesterday reading a book.  I did do a few other household type chores but I did not knit and I did not sew.  Mostly, I spent the day reading.  

It was triggered when the shelves of one of my bookcases fell.  Cleaning the rest of the shelves off so that the bookcase could be pulled out and repaired led to piles of books everywhere.  The repair led to the whole rest of the books being gone through because one of the shelves wasn't quite tall enough to fit the things that had been on it before.  In other words, all of my bookcases have now been sorted and ordered so all the books fit again.

What that doesn't express is the power of my books to charm me into submission, to call me back to reading from a paper page in some small way. I have so many good books.  So many, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I spent the whole day reading yesterday and I might do it again today.  Just for fun.  
  

No comments: