Tuesday 22 September 2020

Sleeve Island

Some people call this part Sleeve Island.  I call it almost done.  I am almost done.  

I have one complete four colour section done and if I tried it on right now, the sleeve would be more or less elbow length. There is a bit to go yet.  If I did full sleeves, it would likely be two and a half colour repeats. 



I was struggling on Sunday evening with the short needles but I think that was more to do with short needles after a full day of knitting.  My hand was cramping a bit but it didn't feel like tired hands, it felt more like hands that really wished they had longer needles to knit with.  But no.  Everything is fine today and i have worked a couple good hours already with no trouble.  It was just tired hands.  I am very glad of this and supremely happy that my stopping every hour for an excersize break is working.

I get to debate how long the sleeves will be.  I am going to aim for three quarter sleeves  I think.  I have to look  at sleeve lengths on various cropped and shorter sweaters and see what I like the look of.  That should take me two full colour repeats or very close to it.  I think I will do another sweater try on at that point to check and see exactly what I have.  

Always something to think about in sweaters.  Always.


Rain

No comments: