Monday 25 May 2020

Goal One: Done

I finished up the brown swaeter yesterday!!

This news is so exciting and it is time once again to call it by its proper name.  Flax from TinCan Knits as interpreted by moi.  1189 m down for Stash Dash.


as worn by the landlord.  He really really hates me taking pictures of him so getting one as a try on photo was a huge job.  It's sitting a bit too much to the front causing the ripples there, but hey he allowed the photo.  I winned.

He may dislike the trying on and the photos but he does like the sweater.  I could tell that all along because whenever I needed a fitting he did it.  I think he likes the relaxed nature of it and that it is simple.  I knit one sweater for him before but he didn't wear it much.  It had a large shawl collar that he felt was too fussy.  Flax is kind of like putting on his favourite t shirt.  

The only hard part of any of this is that this is where I have to decide what I want for Amy's lovely Tosh DK yarn.  I was aiming for Dahlia but the gauges are just too different for a sweater with so many parts.  I do like the idea of a back fancy something or other.  But I also keep coming back to how she wears sweaters and when she wears them. She says she is a rather warm body ( incoceivable to chilly me) but she is all girl in a house full of men.  She is a very girly firl. Sweaters are the show over her other simple clothing.

It's gardening day at the ok corall too.  I was hopeful to have a container garden in the backyard this year but what with one thing and another, the containers have been out of reach financially.  We will try a few beans or peas along with our tomatoes and cucumbers in pots on the deck.  Maybe next year for containers.  Maybe not.  what will be will be.  

Isn't that the way of things.  What will be will be.  The thing I most hope for is that I can hug my grandchildren and give them sloppy kisses.  Out of all the things, that is what i miss the most.

No comments: