Monday 13 April 2020

If you are quarantining and are no longer working, do you still have a long weekend?

Thursday morning dawned and I had nothing to say.  I decided to give myself a break and take an extra long weekend.  So yes.  Yes I do. 

I had to make a dive into a much deeper and darker section of my stash of stuff last week.  Yes, the not yarn part.  A friend was looking for some cross stitch fabric and I had some stuff that would work.  Or that I was pretty sure would work.  And indeed I did, though honestly, there were a few surprises in the boxes of fabric.  I found a small spring embroidery hoop that is my favourite hoop that I thought was lost.  I am thrilled to have it again. 

As I put those things away, I also dealt with a few tail ends of things on my table and it has now been cleaned off and is ready for cutting fabric for sewing, which is the whole reason I have had this table set up since Christmas.  Let's see if this is enough to drive me to sewing.  Will she or won't she?  Nobody knows.

Most of my time over the weekend was devoted to getting this top done. 


Half of the sweater s complete and I am just finished the neckline decreases for the second front.  It is a very simple shape, with only the smallest bit of shaping to fit me better and with only one major change to the pattern.  The back and front on the pattern have a neckline v that is exactly the same.  I didn't want such a low wide back, so I am adding all the stitches that I decreased for the neck v right where the yarn changes at the shoulder.  You can see it on the photo.  I thought about adding some shaping to the back of the neck, but I think this will work well enough to be getting on with.

I figure that there is another good day today and most of tomorrow but that should take care of knitting for this simple top.  It does need to be sewn together though, which is all nice straight seams. 

After that I can put all my energies into that lovely blue Elton.  Unless I sew...  Because I might.

No comments: