Thursday 26 March 2020

No post yesterday.  Sorry about that.  I had a terrible nights sleep and dreamed horrible dreams and just couldn't face up to posting anything, not even to try to cheer myself up.  

But I did by yarn.  That has always been my solace and in these times, I wanted to share what I could to help support the small businesses that I care about, who helped me though all the years good and bad. It took the whole morning and it did make me feel better. So I bought yarn.  I can't wait to show it to you when it arrives.

And then I knit on the blue top.  With all the knitting getting done to that, it is really starting to look like something.  Something nice!



I did have a bit of a hiccup on one lace panel.  I had placed a yarn over incorrectly and tried to drop down to fix it, but ended up going back two rows.  I just couldn't get the stitches to lay properly and ripping back a couple rows proved the quicker fix option.  But I am well underway again.

Work continues on the green top too.



I am about two inches from starting the neckline magic.  One of the things I am going to change on this top is on the back, right at the neckline.  As designed, it has the same v on both front and back.  It makes some peoples projects look as if it won't stay sitting on their shoulders properly.  I would hate that so filling in that back v is the plan.  As I pick up speed knitting towards the shoulder, I am debating if I ought to have any shaping for the back neck or if it should just go straight across.  

I also have to tell you all that this green top is making me nuts.  I can see only one quarter of it, and I have no way of knowing if all my knitting is going to be worth it or if it will be a waste of time.   No way to try on a garment knit in pieces. 

Mid way through my day, I video chatted with Cassie and Marcus.  That cheered me up enormously.  I am going to call Isaac, Carter and Emmett today.  I have to wait till after lunch though.  Both mammas are doing school in the morning, which is just as it should be.

Before I went to bed last night, I spent a couple hours watching clips from Graham Norton's show on youtube.  Such silliness. And then I watched an episode of Queens of Mystery on Acorn TV. Something light and quirky was the perfect end to my day.  I slept the sleep of the well quarantined and woke this morning feeling chipper. Next up, coffee and knitting.  And maybe a bit of a stash dive just for fun.

No comments: