Wednesday 22 January 2020

Step Two. Complete.

I don't know about anyone else, but doing the shawl of the day is a lot of fun.  My normal way of operation is to pick from the top, but this is making me really go down into the boxes and look for something pretty to wear.

Today's little something is one of my favourites, Multnomah


I've knit several Multnomahs over the years, but this was my first and it was my first project with Zauberball.  It isn't a very large piece, but it makes this really delicate little collar like thing.  I wore it most often over a black sweater and most people thought it was attached.  Since that black sweater is gone (felting accident) , I haven't worn this nearly as often, but I do love it. 

In case you feel the shawl is only meant for fingering weight yarns, I did a lovely version in RCY Eden  which is a worsted weight and have some in the Nightfall and Temptation colourways that were purchased with an eye to Multnomah's as well. 

Yesterday was another stunningly sleepy days.  I struggled to get going.  Since it seems my start button is broken, I need to go outside for a walk today.  That is part of the plan for this lovely warm weather we are having.

If knitting the back of this sweater was step one, this is step two and it is done.  The bottom has a sweet little twisted stitch ribbing.


Working on this again reminds me of just how much I enjoyed the whole project.  It gives me a chance to really appreciate the structure and clarity of twisted stitches.  I can't wait for the next twisted stitch project even though I also cannot wait for the next brioche project. The knits I desire deeply to work on are a very long line.

This is today's work.  I have to work around the long ends from the steek and pick up the stitches for the neck and button band ribbing.  It is going to be a kind of pain.  It is becoming more clear to me that I need a little needle felting tool to do this very large job.



While I wait for the tool to arrive, I am going to persevere and just keep on working.  It's going to take a while.

No comments: