Friday 10 January 2020

Nailed It

So yesterday I did exactly what I said.  I pulled out yarn and started on a hat for the landlord.  

I ribbed.  And ribbed.  And ribbed some more.  I knit 6 full inches of ribbing in the round.  

Six inches.


I even knit an inch of stockinette before I put it all on DPNs and could see the calamity facing me.  Note that you can see the three dpns and that it is laying flat and I will tell you there are three more full dpns on the other side.  Every needle is full of stitches.  Full.  Also note that it is as wide as the cushion and that the cushion is as deep as the sofa seat.  Almost.  I must be knitting a hat for a giant.  It was just the end of one of those days.  

What really gets me us that I thought there were a lot of stitches for a hat when I cast on the ribbing.  I told myself it was fine.

I meant to be telling you that I made a choice to use some hand spun for this hat.


That was going to be my big news today, but no.  No news.  Just this giant beast of a hat.

So today, it all gets pulled back and I will be knitting 6 inches of ribbing.  Because I don't have to dig out or wind yarn, I do hope to get a bit more hat done too.  A smaller number of stitches should help that too.  

I'm in search of a hat.  That fits a human.


No comments: