Friday 8 November 2019

Things of today

The blanket is ready to stuff.



That sounds silly when it is said like that, but it is the truth.  I am about to put the batts in place and am ready to start the basting and pinning and putting. 

The only problem is that it isn't one.  It is two.  I have the bottom ready for blanket two, but haven't quite decided about what the top will be.  I am debating between fabrics.  I don't want to purchase more, so all the picks will be from my large shelf of fabrics.  I don't want to chose the blacks even though black is the logical thing to use with the above fabrics.  The vast majority of my black fabric is for pants or skirts in weight and in fibre and quantity on hand.  My plan has always been to use fabric for stuff like this that I wouldn't use any longer for clothing. 

I have this piece of yellow.  It is huge and if I recall right, there are 5 metres of it. Once it was a planned suit.  You could do that in the 90s.    I could do the back of the second blanket in a single swath of yellow.  I would do it at the drop of a hat if it was for me, but if it was for me, I wouldn't be using the black!  I would use only the yellow. That would leave me with weird bits of other fabrics that I have no intention of using for anything else, and that is not the optimal result here.

I think that my biggest job today is going to be sitting in front of the fabric shelf, digging in the fabric stash and figuring out just what I will use.   It may not take long but you never know. 

I hope it doesn't because after all, I do have a blanket to stuff .  

No comments: