Wednesday 6 November 2019

Going back to green

It got quite cold overnight.  It was a fierce reminder that what I really need to focus on is my coat.




It may not be the most exciting project in the world, but it is what I will be knitting on today but I have to say, I am really going to miss working on that pretty blue Willard.

At the same time, work can continue on the blanket.  Or blankets, should I say.  I pulled out the container yesterday and realized that I have enough batts for two blankets.  So, I guess I am making two blankets.  I just really would like this stuff gone, and I have a feeling that I will be able to get rid of a nice warm blankie faster than I was able to get rid of the batts. 

I asked several quilting groups and had no takers.  This mystifies me, because wool is a superior blanket making material.  I think that quilt making these days isn't about warmth in the same way it isn't about the actual quilting part of the process.  These days piecing is all and that is a very sad thing to have happened to such a noble craft.  Something is lost in losing the balance.

Ah well.  Knitting remains and that is more than enough. 

No comments: