Saturday 14 September 2019

Monogamy

any person who checks out my Ravelry project will  note that there are a lot of WIPs.  A lot.  Sixteen if you include the Sock Parade. (Which I do, but I kill it every year and start over)  Project monogamy is a big thing here at Chez Needles.

It makes a difference though.



Dad's vest is coming in at just shy, a half a row shy, of 12 inches.  The vest pattern  from a Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd says 14 inches for a medium mens vest.  That may be a little long for dad.  He was never tall and now that he is 90, he is no taller than I. Well, maybe an inch, but that is it.  Longer is better in my books.  That way the chill cannot climb up your back when you sit.

I love this yarn though.  It is so soft and tweedy.  No one could ever say its scratchy at all.  This is wool for the fussy people of the world who need wool.  Not that dad is fussy, but mom is.  In her world wool is itchy.  

My world is a wool is not itchy sort of world and that makes me happy.  I can wear Einband at my neck.  I am sturdy or weird, your pick.  Quality wool generally doesn't bother me.  I'm just lucky like that.



No comments: