Tuesday 20 August 2019

Just like that.

And just like that, the kids are back home and within the hour, their mom will be arriving at the airport.  I will miss the kids whole bunches.  I will miss tea with Cassie after Marcus is in bed.  I will miss looking at Pinterest with her and her giggling.  I will miss having to tell Marcus his bedtime Paw Patrol story where he corrects me and tells me where I'm telling it wrong.  I will miss his ardent interest in everything and his cute stubbornness and determination to figure it out himself.  I will miss his giggles when he gets a case of the sillies. Till the next time.  

What I won't miss is the noise and the sticky.  Honestly, everything in my house is sticky and I don't always understand why.  If I could touch my ceiling, I am pretty sure it would be sticky too. It should be noted that the landlord...well, survived.  He was just starting a new job and I was concerned but he made it. He loves his niece and nephews, do not mistake that, but he loves them more when he gets to go to their house to play with them.

I am sure I will find socks, and underwear stuck under things in their bedroom, and I am sure there is at least one toy left behind, but it will all get sorted in time.  For now, all I really want to find is my knitting.



I said that I was going to start Myrtle, and I meant to.  I cannot find the bag with the swatch, the needles and the yarn.  It is here somewhere but I just don't know where.  

I have been snoozing since the kids left with their dad left and now I am going on a serious quest, a yarn quest. Because I really deserve something new to knit.
 

No comments: