Wednesday 10 July 2019

Perusing and Pondering: the Days Work

This is going to be quick.  It isn't exceedingly warm out but it is nice enough to go out this morning to comb some more wool.  That seems to win over writing, at least for today.


I thought I would show the lace panel on the blue top.  It's okay, but I'm still not very committed to it. I am changing the direction of the decreases on each set of rows, but I don't really like how that ends up.  There is a large part of me that is telling me to dig for the pattern from that peachy pink sweater I made years ago, and just do that, even if that pattern produces a strong linear design rather than generic evenly placed circles. 

I am also debating about getting out my most reliable old book, The Encylopedia of Stichery, to assist me in finding a design that has little to do with random circles but that will just work better and look more attractive than this.   There is something about that little book, with it's small number of good, basic patterns, that helps me focus in on what I want from a pattern.  

Anyway, my coffee is out in the livingroom getting cold, and the combs and bags of wool are there waiting for me too. Perusing and pondering will commence while I am dealing with both.

No comments: