Friday 12 July 2019

Changing things up.

I just needed to find the right things to work on.  It was a much better day today.

I picked up a sweater that has been sitting far too long waiting for me to work on it.  Do you recall this one?




It is a heavy 3 ply wool, very richly coloured and densely spun from MacAuslands on PEI purchased on my adventure last summer.  The goal is to end up with a good warm outer garment for winter in this rich warm forest green.



I am  pretty sure I have enough yarn for a sweater of the usual proportions, but a car  coat length garment?   I am not so sure.  I have a plan if I have to order more yarn:  colour blocking.  I have seen several sweaters pop up this year that were made with a different colour on the bottoms and it looked really good, so that is the backup plan.  

Because that is a heavy yarn and it is a small circumference needle I am working on, my hands get tired after not too long, so I switched to this.



Which is just unutterably delicious.  You can really see the gentle colour gradation that Einband has with its natural colour yarns.  It is just too good to be true.  

But it is and it is mine.    

No comments: