Sunday 23 June 2019

Three tops and a sock

I may not have finished the sweater on Friday, but Saturday morning, I did.  Finished and worn,with mixed results.  The wearing was great, the looking really good slightly less so.  There is a lot of fabric at the side and it seems to cling and hang oddly.  Some of that may be due to my usual increases, which I did in their usual places on top of what the pattern asked for, but my usual increases will mean that if I decide to sort out the excess by sewing a seam, the top will be very wearable and will fit fine.  No photo because it looks exactly the same as before, just 2 and one quarter inches longer.

Sunday was a raceday (French Grand Prix) so the sock came out of hiding to be knit upon.  Next week is going to need a new sock because all there is to go on this pair is a cuff!  Races are good for simple sock knitting but there was lots of other really rewarding knitting too.

My version of the Cascadas Tee saw the most wonderful progress.


I have finished the lace yoke and have just split for the sleeves.  An inch or two of knitting on the body and it is try on time.  I hold great hope for this top.

I am so happy I went with the lace for with this yrn.  It is so crisp on the lines in the lace.  I am really looking forward to seeing it blocked.


And my second top from the Summer Snowflakes Top pattern, the one with the little daisy lace, is a row shy of the final increase before splitting.

I did a lot of knitting today and all the while I stared at the sample card of Harrisville that I ordered from Camilla Valley Farms a few weeks ago.  I love the yarn and I love the colours.  I think after these summer sweaters, I am going to put Myrtle on the front burner again, just to be able to knit with and play with the colours of the Harrisville.  I may be under a spell of some sort.  I hated to put the card away again.

Summer is here.  The yarn stores are almost done their fall yarn orders.  Time to start knitting fall sweaters? Maybe, but maybe not.

No comments: