Thursday 16 May 2019

Cuteness Overload

And there we pretty much are.  A really cute stylish sweater for my little girlie. 


I have folded the sleeves in right about where her shoulders will be, so you can see that there is plenty of positive ease and if I did the sleeves right, lots of room for growth and long wear. I only have the little bit of re-knitting on the bottom ribbing to do and that is already on the needles and well under way before this cute little Boxy is complete.

That gives me room to start the next little sweater,which she has been asking for, a replacement for her much loved bamboo top.  I did not find 100 % bamboo like her first one was, but I found a nice bamboo cotton which will go wonderfully well with the bamboo orange yellow and gold cotton that I used in her first little top. 



I'm going to do this one the fast and easy way, raglan and sleeveless with a simple stripe or possibly three stripes in the mixed colour yarn.  And I am going to put a single button keyhole opening on the back so that she can get it on and wear it longer.

I'm not sure how much knitting I am going to get in today.  If I start the second top, I will count that as a huge win.  I am going have a long nap instead to see if it will help fight off this lingering cold.  The week before my dad's birthday party, I drank ginger tea, took long naps and made sure to drink lots of liquids, and that seemed to  hold it off.  My throat was a bit sore but that was all.  After his party, I wasn't quite so careful, but I felt better and now the darn cold has settled into my chest.  Or at least to the back of my throat?  I don't know, but I am sneezing and coughing in a not very productive sort of way.  I am working on the water, I have run out of ginger, so the only thing left is to take a nap.  And maybe see if a cough syrup will work.  I really hate colds even when it isn't quite so dehumanising as usual.   



   

No comments: