Friday 19 April 2019

It'a Official

It's official.  I am half done the lace edging for the Icelandic shawl.


I'm looking for a big wide shawl from this.  The size is one of the reasons I wear my black and red Einband shawl as much as I do and I want something of a similar size this time.  Since the start I figured I would probably be making it wider than the pattern requires.  

Not so.  This reaches from my fingertips to past my other shoulder.  And that is without blocking the wondrous way Einband blocks.  It will be generously wide.

I really enjoy knitting on this. I haven't worked on this for any large amount of time since catching the error.  I knit a motif here and there between things.  It only takes a few minutes to zip out the twelve rows.  And suddenly, half done.

No comments: