Wednesday 13 March 2019

I Dived

Putting in  a double stranded short row garter stitch heel and then grafting it closed at the back sort of sucks.  It isn't so bad when you single strand the heel but heels are lasting so much longer if they are double stranded that it is worth my time.  Not so sure about grafting double stranded.  This was all I worked on yesterday after my errands.  I wish I had made a better decision about the graft.  But too late to change it now.  The heel on sock one is almost complete and I am going to go straight into sock two.  If I don't it would sit forever forlorn in the bottom of the WIPs and I really don't have room for that.  

So, on to the fun part of my day.

I did stash dive.  It was lovely.    It takes me back to digging in the yarn in the back room when I worked at RCY, to opening boxes of yarn when they came in, the labelling and pricing and touching and feeling.  Sigh.  Good times.  Truly wonderful times.  The ladies there hired me to do a job and I did, but honestly, what the opportunity to work there gave me in return, is an incalculable wonder.   I was so blessed.

I digress.  

I pulled out some yarns for spring knitting.  Some of those yarns...all of those yarns have been around for a long time, and as my wardrobe ages, a product from those yarns becomes something much desired.  Need has become the operative word, though desire has its part.    


A nice soft blue for a simple knit t shirt.  Maybe two.


Stunning green and multi coloured yarn for something a little bit colour blocked.  

And then the things that sort of started the stash dive plans, for Cassie. 


I made a cute little Shalom sweater for Cassie and she loves it but the collar has stretched a bit wide for her sweet slender shouldered self so grandma is going to take off the garter stitch neck band, knit anther colour section and then knit another pink collar band.  It shouldn't take more than a day.

While I was digging, I took out a few more yarns for Cassie. I have to use them now for her before she gets too much bigger or there won't be enough yarn to make something for her.  


Some Flirt, an adultier format of Sirdar's Baby Bamboo, that you can only get as Baby Bamboo again.  There should be lots for a nice tunic long top for summer.


This is on the outer edge of possible project yarns, but I know she will love the pretty colours.


And a few balls of 1824 Cotton.  I have enough for a summer weight sweater or longer top that will be sturdy and extremely washable, enough so long as I knit it now.


I pulled out this too.  I don't have this listed in my stash on Ravelry and I needed it to order some white or cream to work with it.  I hope to get to that later today.  I want to knit a something with a feather and fan motif in the colours.  I may go all the way and knit  real chevron with it, but only time will tell what happens when I cast on.  


There was more to my stash dive but that delight can wait for tomorrow.  



No comments: