Monday 18 February 2019

Knitting the Bowl

After a good start to the weekend, I did not feel like knitting things that required any brain power at all.  I seem to have opted for whatever else I did not have to think about.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  Indeed, knitting without thinking is one of the best things about knitting.  There are things to knit when I need stimulation and things to knit when I need to park my brain.




I finished the socks I found and I am wearing right now.  It's  very different heel than my usual heel.  Worth trying out though I doubt it would ever replace my regular afterthought heel. So two socks pairs completed for this year.  I am light years ahead of my late summer push for socks from last year.

I picked up Emmett's scarf for a bit but I wasn't really into it.  It is almost half done though,which is nice.

Then I dug out my pretty blue yarn bowl.  I tuck it under a tabletop when the kids are coming.  It's a quick way to hide things.  Several interesting things hiding in there.  

There is a sweater in there.


I knit about an inch on it and then set it aside.  I was thinking that I ought to knit on it more often, not in long spurts though.  To knit a lot on that teal, no matter how pretty the colour is, is deadly in fingering weight stockinette. It will kill any will I have to finish it.     But more often for shorter periods of time?  No problem.

Then I picked up and worked on the other project that was in the bowl.  Last year I was working on a pick up project that just made me feel good.  I fell in love with the way these colours looked together.

   
I made a set of little wrist warmers from the squares, and was not ready to stop knitting the colours so I started a hat and I picked it up again on the weekend.


Originally it ws going to be striped all the way up till the yarn was almost gone and then closed off into a hat.  But I got bored by the stripes.  I wondered how I would like it as a Wurm styled hat.

The farther I get up the hat, the more I like it.  There is a different colour on each of the purled sections and I love the way it collapses into a very pretty pile of colours.


I've almost got this white section finished this morning and after I work on my dress repair for Cassie, I will reward myself with some more knitting.


No comments: