Tuesday 19 February 2019

Bedroom Knitting

I usually go to my room early in the evening and listen to books or work through a course of some kind or other.  When I do, I try to make sure I have something to knit so that I don't end up playing games or falling asleep too early.

I have been working on a shawl for Amy's mom but I made the wrong increases a few rows back and needed to fix it.  While my knitting was on its time out I started something else.

I realized a long time ago that I liked having slippers.  I had my old pair for so long but when it finally wore out The paid I made was done with some Kathmandu Chunky I had left.  It isn't  machine washable though ideally a slipper would be superwash yarns. 

I did have the right yarn on hand and it literally fell out of the cabinet when I was looking for something to knit.  Warm feet.  I feel warm feet coming on.



The yarn is Drops Big Fabel now sadly discontinued.  It was my favourite thing and made wonderful mittens, socks and sweaters.  It is perfect for slippers too.

What you see here is just a few hours knitting.  So I shall soon have a second pair to wear when the Kathmandu pair are in the wash.  

No comments: