Tuesday 1 January 2019

Up Next

I babysat some of my grandkids last night so my knitting is a little less than I would like, but on the upside,  they helped me wind a sweater worth of yarn today.  

I've been thinking very seriously about what I want to knit next after the Griege sweater and it has been hard to get beyond some of the yarn I picked up this past summer in New Brunswick at Briggs and Little's Factory outlet.  Now that is a vacation memory I will never forget and if there is a yarn I love more than Briggs and Little Sport, it is probably something else by Briggs and Little.

I saw these colours on the shelf casually sitting side by side and I just knew I needed this combination.  I'm not sure everyone would agree, but I love these colours.  Plus it is the only way I can wear this rich gold colour and I really adore it.   


I think there enough Teal in the Seafoam and enough contrast with the gold and the teal together that this will work just nicely.  


When I take all the colour out, I think it works okay.  The plan is to knit a sweater called the Flotjen Cardigan by the Weststrand Sisters, only I think I will not actually make a cardigan but only something that looks like a cardigan. Even if the teal blue gets a little lost, which I don't think will happen, the strong gold capping the columns beside and above it will give it the punch it needs to stand out.  I think.  And hope.  

My only other major colourwork was Brian's vest which was made of this.


which was also a very different yarn and colour choice than many people would have taken but it suited the wearer.  He loved it.  If you take all the colour of these yarns, you get this, 

 
and two of these yarns have that same subtle colour difference that this new batch of yarn has.  I guess if I'm honest, I really am pretty confident that these colours are going to look stupendous.  I just have  feeling.  I will no doubt come back to look at this as time comes close to start it, just to boost my conviction again.

It isn't a difficult yoke design to knit so it will gear me up and refresh my skills before I start a more complex sweater or vest or one of the shawls that remain in my want to knit plans.  

I am really excited by this.  It's not that far away.  Maybe next week? Not too far off from that for sure.       

No comments: