Thursday 3 January 2019

Addi FlexiFlips and socks

A while ago, lte October if I recall right, I bought myself a pair of Addi Flexi Flips .  These are interesting needles with a flexible centre portion 3 needles to a set.  The look really interesting and I wanted to see what they were about.


I wanted to knit a sock the night I purchased them so mine are 2.25mm and are about 8 inches long.  

They work fine.  I knit about  third of a sock with them, before I just tossed them in favour of any other sock needle I could find in a 2.25mm.  When I work with them, I seem to cramp up my hands till they knuckles won't bend.  All that tension isn't worth it.

It's not that these are not good needles.  I can see huge benefits using them for colourwork mitten and glove knitting rather than using 2 circulars.  I really loathe 2 circulars with all the ends in the way.  I like the flexiflips about as much as I like magic loop knitting.  If I had to, I would knit with them. 

Luckily I don't.


I am a bit appalled at all the sock needles that are just sitting here. It took only moments to gather these, so I know there re a couple more pairs in the vase.  And if you added in the 2.5 mm needles and 2.25 mm needles that are 8 inches long, I would have many, many pairs of sock needles. 

These are the only pair of socks I have on the go right now, and I think I am okay with that. You can see that I popped the socks onto my lone pair of Addi Flip Sticks, which I much prefer over flexiflips.   I want to spend some time finding the right pattern for the next socks. 

 
I actually do have another pair ready to go.  It is out of River City's Touchdown socks for my mom.  As she has gotten older, she has become a great lover of football, Saskatchewan Roughrider Football to be exact.  I am going to make her the Gridiron Socks by Kate Atherley for RCY.

Though I may not make her socks.  Mom has very tender feet and she doesn't wear anything that she can feel a texture of.  She doesn't wear my handknit socks.  she tired.  This yarn and this pattern will also make a perfectly wonderful pair of handwarmers.  I am pretty sure she will wear handwarmers to help keep the ache away.  

While she is cheering on her team of course.

But that is where I am right now.  On socks and more socks and other good things.  Ain't this life grand?

No comments: