Tuesday 9 October 2018

I did a lot of stuff  this weekend and yet nothing at all.

Friday I spent the entire day getting the zipper done and hemming the crazy bouffant doll skirt. I was kind of tired.  Saturday morning while watching F1, 


I started performing sweater surgery on the collar of this sweater, which I really love and could use in my wardrobe.  Not the collar in truth but the short rows I had so much fun doing at 3 a.m. the morning of the day I started this.   Too many short rows mde the collar push up at the back of my neck and bunch in a very bad way.  It has only rarely been worn outside my house.


So I snipped a thread and pulled back to the base of the collar and reknit adding only what was needed.  I am about to regraft so keep your fingers crossed for me.

I was taking it slow on the sweater, reasoning out carefully, making sure I had enough shoulder stitches and back stitches to match the rest of the body.  In between, I did this.

I finished a pair of socks!.  These are the very pretty Brussels lace Socks from Stephanie van der Linden's Around the World in Knitted Socks.


I really enjoyed knitting this pair and cannot say why it took me so long to complete.  It is a lovely pattern.  I think there is a shawl pattern using a very similar lace moti and I my have to go out and find it .  Lovely intuitive lace.

And then, just when the whole morning is settled and I am ready to get my day going to make my spinning as usual, everything changes.  An elderly and infirm uncle passed away a week or so ago, but what with the vagaries of provincial borders, his funeral is tomorrow.  Just waiting on confirmation of where it is being held and I will be off.      

No comments: