Thursday 11 October 2018

All I Really Need.

There has been precious little knitting the last few days.  They were days of looking back and pondering life and where that takes us to.  It is time to set those thoughts down now and to think forward.  Thinking forward takes me to yarn and usually to knitting, but since I finished Cassie's purple sweater , I haven't felt particularly inspired to knit. Knitting deadlines do that to me but there is always a fallback activity.  When I don't feel particularly inspired by any project, I  dig in the stash or I wind yarn.

Sometimes skeins do not want to be wound easily and that was the case for three skeins yesterday.  The hanks were kinked up and catchy and it took several hours to get this far. I couldn't just wind from the swift.  I had to untangle, wind, untangle, wind and so on. 


Two of these are such bad cakes, that I am going to rewind these before I wind the last two hanks.  These are Malabrigo Sock and once again, they did not make it into my Ravelry stash.  Everytime I think I have it all...  but I digress.  There are 3 colours here, three hanks of the lovely soft Eggplant colour, which is more a gray with purple undertones, two Poicon, which is a very subtly toned multi colour and the last is a soft green with undertones of gray. This is a Malabrigo sock yarn and is the same fibre as the others, but seems to have a different yarn name and has different labels.   No matter.  It is going to act as the 'in case I need it' skein for whatever I make of it.   What will I make?   I assumed a vest, but ever since I finished the Granito having used so little yarn, I think a sweater.  

What sweater?   That is more challenging to decide.  Part of me wants to knit Tempest  and part of me worries that the geen will stand out too much from the other stripes.  The other option is Shorescapes   or something like that, where the stripes are small, and the green could be blended in as you knit slowly to the bottom.  Either way, I will have plenty of yarn.  Or so I keep telling myself.  

I do want to cast on a sweater for myself.  I have  couple on the go, but I just feel I need to start another fingering weight sweater.  I need another on the go like I need a hole in the head, but hey, when did that ever stop me.  I'm not even sure if it will be this yarn.  I am just winding this, looking for inspiration.

In the meantime, I have a small Paw Patrol Chase sweater to take to the underarms, and a Gekko and Catboy scarf to work on.   There are some socks to get on the needle too, but that is only if it gets really bad.  Socks are the secret weapon that really gets me out of a funk.  Start some socks, find everything about knitting inspiring again.  

Hmm, that sounds like fun.  Socks. Maybe all I really need is socks?    


No comments: