Tuesday 7 August 2018

And then there is that day

And then there is that day where you have to clean out your car.  I hate that day.  

It's looking a little lived in and I couldn't bear the thought of even looking at my car the last few days so other than the yarn, it has just sat.  But, that has to come to an end sometime.  At some point the car needs to become a tool again, rather than a habitation.  Today is that day.  Probably tomorrow too.

There are a few things to do inside too.  The house isn't its usual self.  I was gone for 3 weeks and was busy before hand.  Some of the fine ends like the sewing area that were in heavy use just before I left need a good cleaning.  The kitchen needs a good go over.  The landlord had dishwasher trouble while I was away and got a bit behind.  His work load was pretty heavy the last couple weeks and he just didn't have time to get it all done before I got home.


Till I feel up to facing it all, I'm winding wool. Way more fun than work.

Slowly though, everything will right itself, the car will get sorted out and my usual routine shall reign supreme.   New stuff is good, but comfortable routines are what get you through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed following your adventures, and admire your strength and bravery at crossing Canada by yourself. You have motivated me to think of what trips I want to do alone.
Wendy from Ontario,