Friday 27 July 2018

It's slightly cooler today here on the grand adventure.  An evening rain the was pretty heavy in short showerey bursts, made the end of the day really lovely.

I missed a connection with friends in Mahone but I did have a lovely day exploring that whole area. I took off out to Peggy's Cove.  Everybody shows pictures of the iconic rocks and lighthouse, but nobody to me about the protected natural area just inland.  It's a most stunning, unique place capped off by the usual photos.  Which are all on my camera and will be downloaded to my computer when I get home.  (Should have got the camera with bluetooth or wifi.)  So stunning.

I drove a little down the coast road.  I could live there but for the price and the summer people.  In a small hidden cove, I saw an eagle that had taken down a seagull, but fate took its revenge.  The eagle was a smaller bird, and he couldn't seem to fly while carrying his treasure.  So I had the pleasure of watching him for about an hour as he tried to decide what to do.  

IWithout connecting with my friends, I decided to go back to Halifax.  I found a place to sleep but couldn't settle.  I slipped the other day going down some stairs in the rain.  I didn't seem to be hurt, but as the days have passed since it is worse and worse, not helped by sitting in the car and sleeping in a half sitting position.  Last night, I couldn't sleep for the aching, and I was at a kind of low point.  I just wanted my mommy, and my own bed. I decided to cut my trip a bit short.  

So no Newfoundland for me.  On the upside , I can hotel it all the way home.  That help enormously by simply getting to stretch out,.  Bonus.  And I still have a good visit to some places that I have longed to see on the Niagara peninsula.  And if I don't get them all in, oh well.  It's good to still have things to dream about.

In an awful lot of ways, I have done what I needed to do here. I showed me I can do this.  I can camp, if I choose, and I can go and do even if not everything worked perfectly.  And I get to go home with cool yarn.






No comments: