Monday 2 July 2018

Das Stricken, Das Monster, Das Saubere Auto

I finished the wee pants for my wee little boy.  


 I do have to insert an elastic and tidy the waist band, but it is pretty much ready to go.  I am so pleased with these cute little things googly eyes and all.

I'm pretty pleased to know this cute wee thing too, 


but I digress.  Isn't he grand though? Doesn't that sweet face just say, 'grandma, I need some monster pants.' Das Monsters are so very Emmett.

After I finished the pants, I started a shawl, which I will save to tell you about till tomorrow.  After knitting on that I worked on my Granito sweater.  It is coming along nicely.



It's looking really sweaterish.  And nice.  It's got a lot of knitting to go, particularly because it is fingering weight yarn, but I just love what is happening on my needle.  Which is really great when you consider that there are several more sweaters worth of fingering weight yarns in the stash.  Just one more increase round and I'll be going for broke to the bottom  of the sweater.  Sleeves remain of course, but that is easy enough and one double points, becomes one of my favourite things, round and round, like socks, but no heel or toe or grafting.


And then while there were dozens of other things to do, I spent the afternoon cleaning my car.  I still had a couple things in the back of my car from moving to this house.  There were two foam tiles that I used to use for blocking, that lay flat on my floor in the back.  It didn't really matter that they were there so they stayed.  The case for my Victoria wheel was in the car too.  I haven't used it in many many months, but it just never came into the house.  There were always so many other things in my hands.  There were odds and ends, and really, it was atrocious.  If you are planning on camping in your car, it is important that it not be atrocious. I needed all the empty flat surfaces I have, so I can fill it up with gear.  

And then, Sunday ended and I didn't have everything on the list complete.  Still and all, I did pretty good and I will be content.  To sum up the weekend, it was Das Stricken, Das Monster, Das Saubere auto.

No comments: