Tuesday 3 July 2018

As Good as It Gets

I have spoken a few times about the shawl I have just started and finally, I will show it.

I am making Carina Spencer's Brush Creek Shawl.  It is a variation on a feather and fan pattern and the interesting this is the basic pattern is handled several different ways as you work through the shawl.  It ends with a really interesting looking pattern that reminds me of tree roots branching out underground.  I am so happy to finally have the right pairing of pattern for this yarn.

I'm a ways from the tree root section though, just slowly working my way through section one at the moment.



I have to tell you about this yarn too.  It is something really special.

It is nothing short of splendid.  Shilasdair Luxury 4 ply,  the Skye Yarn Company.  According to the internet, the shop and yarn business is just changed hands and locations on the Isle of Skye, but the good things will keep coming.  Angora, cashmere, baby camel and dash of lambswool all combine to make something delicious.

I am knitting it slowly to savour the feel of the yarn in my hands.  This isn't a yarn for rushing through and getting done at breakneck pace.  It's a yarn to contemplate while knitting.

And that is as good as it gets. 

No comments: