Wednesday 18 July 2018

Another day another campsite

The campsite at Lake Huron had lively showers so it negated a hotel today.  Maybe tomorrow.  We shall see.

I was in Sudbury around lunchtime to stock up on groceries and to spend time with my map.  I was going to head towards Toronto via the lake shore highway but I missed it.  Heavy traffic meant I missed the next highway so guess What?  My eastern travels will take me north of Algonquin Park down the Ottawa River Valley.  And that solves the issue of going to Ottawa.  I will be going sooner rather than later.

But I had such an interesting day. After missing the earlier turns I had settled for stopping at Samuel de Champlain Provincial Park for the evening.  I was driving alongwatching the country and the traffic and the interesting little towns and I wondered which town I was in. It was larger (2 Tim Hortons) but it wasn't  big enough to be North Bay.  Surely I couldn't  have missed yhat this was North Bay?

While mulling this, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a sign that said Briggs and Little.  I turned my half glance to full attention and saw it was a little craft store.  Thankfully I was in the right lane and the entrance was just far enough ahead the no one behind Mr noticed how I reeffed  the steering wheel to turn.  And it was open.  Diane Creative Elements.  

Quilting things,embroidery things, A wee bit of sewing things, and yarn.  About  third of this small shop was given over to yarn.  She loaned me a stool to get a good look.  Lots of sock yarns and lots of good easy care yarns.  I had a tough time not choosing Estelle Lumiere.  It has the kind of deep rich colours that hit all the right notes for me but what I could see instantly for Cassie  was a Sock Arms but in worsted.  It would have been stunning but this trip is for me.  I ended up choosing this. 



Malabrigo Mechita .  And I love it.  A lot. When I took the two yarns  and wound them around each othe, it was sublime.  I think Daybreak or something lie that to carry the strong blue over the stupendous variation in the other.

The owner and I chatted and she gave me a little gift to remember her by and to remind me that they ship everywhere.



And so a missed turn and a different path led me to an unexpected delight.  I will remember the magic!

No comments: