Wednesday 6 June 2018

So, 5mm.

I had to go back to my home yesterday so I made sure to grab my 5mm needles.  Only to get back to the kids house to find that even with my 5mm needles, I am still knitting as if I have 4mm needles.  Arghhh.  This sweater is a fairly loose knit and changing gauge(which I could certainly do) would be too much for the sleeves and would look odd.

Sleeves are out for the remainder of my stay here. 

I have two pair of socks and a shawl to work on and they shall suffice.  It's only two more days and my time will be my own again.

This whole last month I've been with my grandkids and as much as I love being with them, I am tired and I miss my home and my things and my routine that involves coffee rather than getting somebody else off to school.  But my daughter in law's stepfather died and her mom needed her.  When this adventure began and Ilya was nearing death, we felt the sickroom was no place for small children.  I came to stay to make all this possible. I have been in Ludmila's shoes and it is all I can do to help.  I have done it and though some days are hard, it has been a task of love and care.

But it is time for this grandma to go back home into her hidey hole from whence she came, and to sit and play with yarns she adores.  Till then, this grandma is planning on knitting socks. 



























No comments: