Monday 25 June 2018

Parked Brain Syndrome

I spent a lot of time knitting this weekend.  I had kiddies over during the day as their mommy and daddy did some things that you couldn't do with kiddies around, so spray park and knitting, lunch and knitting, watching kids shows and knitting.  I was doing really well too.

I knit a nice little gusset from the Pepita pattern for fit

  
And then, well it just went sort of odd. I have knit this pants shaping three times before, but I put my brain in park and knit on.


It looks fine, but this leg is wider than on Marcus' pants and the those pant legs look huge on him. This is supposed to be for a baby.  I know what I did, and I am sitting here just shaking my head at my stupidity.  I added the gusset stitches to the leg width.  Parked brain syndrome, indeed.

So, the pretty stripes have to come out and a little bit of the gray, but soon enough it will be resolved.  Once that is done, I am going to keep working on the legs.  I am going to narrow them up significantly so they fit more closely.  That will work better for a moving, crawling baby.

The planning continues for the Epic Journey.  I have packages to pick up at the post office, and need bug spray and a small folding table to put my stove on for cooking (in case there are no tables where I stop).  I have the window covers to install today and then sort out a box for all the bits and pieces of the kitchen and gear and something for clothes.  Then, I have bedding to install and shortly after that, the Epic journey begins. Some of these things will take more than a day, but by the end of next week, I ought to be ready to go.  The Epic Journey might not start for a few more days after that, but we will play it by ear. My gear will be ready well before my planned start, but we shall see if I am ready to start before my planned start.

I look very forward to this week.  It seems our current heat wave has broken and by this afternoon, it should be cooling off again, thanks to rain in our forecast.  

No comments: