Thursday 21 June 2018

Mills

I was so certain that I was going to get tons done yesterday.  How is it that I did not?  I do not know.  I can only surmise that the heat plays a part in it.  I do not do really well at 30 C.

I did get some pretty cool stuff organized and I did get to the last decrease but one on the sweater, but that was about it for knitting.

Most of my day was spent on the computer doing research for my trip.  One of the things I really want to do is stop at some of the woollen mills we have.  Big ones, little ones, and one for sure that might not quite be ready by the time I get there, but I think I will stop and just let them know I am looking forward to their products and that I wish them well.   Some of the big ones are favourites like Briggs and Little and long familiar like Spinrite but many are new to me, like Macauslands, which I have known about for a long time, but I am not familiar with their yarns or goods at all, or Lemieux Spinning, where I have known about Quebecoise  from many hours spent on the Schoolhouse Press website, and knew it was Canadian, but never knew from where.I want to see what we make, not just what we dye from commercial bases spun overseas.

I am so excited to go and see.  But for now, I have to go and see a man about some tires for my car.  No tires, no trip as my sons say.  

No comments: