Thursday 28 June 2018

I did

I did have all kinds of time yesterday and I did waste it wisely.

I finished Amy's Pole sweater.


Sleeves!  Count them!  Two!  I have to say that I really enjoyed knitting this sweater.  I hope she enjoys wearing it half as much.  From the start, it made you look at garments and circles a different way.

I have to confess I was a bit worried about grafting the two ends together.  I need not have.  Worry is really such a waster of time.  I took it slow and did sections of 20 or so stitches and then went back to adjust tension so that I got it right.  The only place I can tell something happened is the extra end of yarn  at the hemline.  It was unexpectedly fun.

And then, since I will have everything out fopr blocking and beds will be open to do it, I pulled out the second sweater that needs finishing.


This needs the placket and collar bands but before they could happen, blocking was required.  This is a very winter sweater, heavy and warm enough to keep out all the cold and as I sit here, just a bit chilly this morning, I am thinking it might be the right sweater to take along for cool mornings on my travels.

Both are just having a bit of a bath right now and as soon as I get the laundry out of the washer, they are going for a good spin and then to blocking.  The plan is for these to be ready for their next steps tomorrow.  

Today, the knitting will be easy and light.  I have tiny pants to work on and a shawl that I just started from some gorgeous yarn that my friend and former co-worker Rae gave me a while ago and socks.  Plenty to keep me going till the sweaters are ready.  

No comments: