Wednesday 30 May 2018

Sock knitting

Yesterday was all about sock knitting and it kind of felt good to take a day to focus on those small simple to knit things.  I seem to go from no socks on the needles to many pairs on the go and right now I have many on the go and not a single solitary pair finished this year.  I don't think I have been so behind since the first year I was knitting.

Yesterday I worked on two pairs that I thought would be brainless to work on.  Not so much for pair one.  





 The cable on this side of the sock for my brother has a dropped stitch.  Once I get that sorted, it will be ready to knit again.

This is part of a pair of socks that the goal is to use up as much of the yarn as possible.  This is the only time I have worked two at a time.






That I can remember anyway and you know what?  It's making me nuts.  I know many people who wouldn't consider knitting socks any other way than two at a time, usually one one needle (the path of of true insanity.  😉) but not always.  I'm happy they like it, but It is just not my thing.  

After I realized I dropped the stitch, I set it aside in favour of  another sock well under way. It didn't take long to make significant headway and call sock one long enough.




Sock one, the perfect stubby length for my feet and with an afterthought heel, perfect height cuff for my kankles.

I do hope to get all the socks I have on the needles done as part of stash dash, even the fancy lacy one.  They are all so close to complete and it feels just a bit wrong to not have a completed pair yet in 2018. 

Today is back to the sweater day.  Its raining here,  and it isn't a school day and the kids are playing happily downstairs together.  Seems like good knitting could happen.


 
 

No comments: