Friday 11 May 2018

Other wee things

I'm sitting here away from home this morning staying with grandkids.  Mommy and daddy are with wee Emmett while he sleeps under warm lights.  He had a bit of jaundice and they are all getting that taken care of.  As things go, generally pretty easy to take but mommy hasn't been here before so she is worried.  

Yesterday morning I was all hepped up about a spinning wheel (mission accomplished.  I am very pleased.) but I wasn't  picking it up till late afternoon.  I sat down to knit but my hands weren't  in it.  My mind kept going to my little pumpkin so I took out some yarn and just started.


It is some Cascade Pacific that was well stashed from when his big brother was tiny.  I pulled out my Elizabeth Zimmermann and started a plain variation of the February Baby Sweater.  I'm  going to make a little Aviatrix to match and some little mittens from Christine's pattern too.  I have plenty of yarn.

This sweater is small and I know he is going to grow out of it in the blink of an eye but there are so few chances to knit wee tiny things and wee tiny things are so cute.

I have lined up other yarn for a bigger sweater and possibly a blanket but those are down the road.  Mama's sweater first.  Then more things for little boys like pants and more sweaters and socks and. ...


No comments: