Tuesday 8 May 2018

A Spinning Sort of Day

Today is a spinning sort of day, only I am not going spinning.  I am still more jetlagged than I thought I should be and the heat isn't making it easier.  So spinning at home today where I can nap as I want and put my feet up as I require.



I am continuing the plying that I started last week.  I don't think I showed you more than a flash of it if at all.  I'm working on plying all the big ball singles.   


My plan has always been to keep the colours clean and strong with this fibre so this is being chain plyed. One of the biggest advantages of this method is that you can stop and start at will and still keep your work nice and smooth.  You keep your loop at the end and add the single back in the same way you would if your singles tore.  And voila, a nice seamless yarn.



The result is pretty good so far.  Not perfection, a few pig tails as you can see, but generally, a whole heap of pretty good.  Or so I think.  I won't really know till it comes off the niddy noddy and has a bath and dries, but all my sampling seems to show me that I am doing alright.

It was also time to clean out the bottom of the bag.


I have fuzzy bits that I have been putting into the bag as I go along.  There is another ball about the same size around here somewhere.  I think I am going to save this all up and eventually make dryer balls or something for my brother and my sisters.  Mom too.  Or cover soap bars with it.  I keep thinking of doing that for myself.

Anyway, today might be a really good time to get the singles plyed.   It might also be time for this grandma to show you the addition to her brood.


My wee pumpkin, Emmett.  He looks like his Papa Jim and his daddy and like his big brothers.  It's really too early to tell.  Doesn't really matter.  No matter who he ends up taking after, he will be his own best version of himself and that means pretty darn cute.



  
  

1 comment:

Christine said...

Those cheeks! Ahhhhh! What a sweetie.