Friday 6 April 2018

Off Adventuring We Go

I'm off adventuring this weekend.  It is the weekend of my spinning and knitting retreat at Strawberry Creek.  I love this retreat and it is several years since I was at the last one.  I am looking forward to it, even if spinning and knitting is not really on the cards for me.  

A dear friend gave me back issues of Ply Magasine which is just the most wonderful gift ever and with my winding that I have planned and weaving videos, I am pretty sure that I will be fine.  

I am also doing something sensible this year.  Instead of having everything in various bags and stuff, I am filling up a second suitcase with my assorted bits and pieces, the wheel parts, the fibre, a couple books I want to take along, my tablet and movie drive, the chargers, etc.  All sorts of pieces.  Well, I would like for it to fit as much as possible in that one extra case.  That swift isn't going to fit inside anything though.  Nor the wheel.

But my first adventure of the day is going to be babysitting my grandkids, something I dearly love to do. I look at them in awe and wonder, and I just have to laugh with joy.  All my little kiddies were here for Easter this year, though I dearly missed Isaac, they do fill me up.

So I bid you adieu till next week.


No comments: