Tuesday 10 April 2018

Dreaming Persian Dreams

One of the things I can do while healing, without feeling like I am wasting my time is look at patterns on Ravelry.  Days of shawls, weeks of sweaters, dozens and dozens of months of things to look at that people have designed and knit.  It is forever inspiration seeing all the possibilities.

This morning Jenise Hope's Persian Dreams worsted weight version was in one of the front page ad spaces and off I went.  I have loved Persian Dreams for a long time.  It is a wonderous project.   The designer even made expansion packs of designs for both the fingering weight original and the worsted version,in case you wanted to choose from a broader range of patterns to use. You can spend hours and hours reading each knitters comments, and looking at all the knitted loveliness.  

I'm fascinated by this blanket.  I love the colour work and the broad range of patterns but I am not sure I will ever want to knit a blanket of it.  But pillows.  Oh yes.  I dream of pillows, pillows in blue and white for in my livingroom to coordinate with my collection of little china pieces.






All those pretty pieces set off by these stunning designs.  Sometimes I dream of converting my coffee table to a long rectangular footstool. Perhaps it could use a cover of pretty medallions in delft blues and white.  

I cannot provide any pictures of the knitted projects on Ravelry other than through links, but maybe this will help you imagine your own Persian Dreams too.  Lots of colours, lots of crocheted versions, and plenty of the knitted versions of medallion and tiles and whole rooms in intricate delicate patterns.

Me?  I will dream of delft inspired blue and white.  Good, sweet, happy dreams.


No comments: