Wednesday 21 February 2018

Two Things

I am sure that I knit on the sweater for hours yesterday.  But my net gain doesn't look like much.  

Yesterday.


Today.


I accomplished 2 and a half rows of knitting, but I knit many more than that.  Let's just say that it took a while longer than I planned to establish the pattern correctly.  On the upside, it is all good now.

This isn't a deeply complex pattern.  It's a 10 stitch repeat and the only complicated thing about it is that I've put in a second colour.  You can see why I am doing it though.  Because black and red are the most splendid colours paired with this natural toned main colour. I am in love with it even now, when it is still pretty much in my dreams.

The longer I knit this yoke, the more I become aware that this is going to be a very warm sweater.  There will be 3 strands of wool over much of the yoke and that means more upper body heat will be held close.  Held close at the neck is exactly what I need.  I can't wait to be able to wear it.  

Also, today, the Grey Shalom hits blocking.  There are a lot of ends to weave in and buttons to put on.  Today is the day for this because I am off to play with Marcus this afternoon.  Once the ends are woven in blocking commences.  By tomorrow morning it should be dry.  I can't wait.

Two things to look forward to.  One in the very near future, and the other a bit farther away.  Isn't that grand! 


No comments: