Friday 16 February 2018

So exciting!

And the sweater is done, but no pictures yet.  

It was rather strange.  I was just knitting along, counting carefully that the rows between decreases were correct, and I looked up to get a marker from sleeve one for a decrease I had just done and that marker was the last one, I honestly don't know where the time went, it went that fast.  Then 2 sections of the speedy twisted stitch rib and wham before I blinked the sleeve was bound off.

This morning isn't going to be a knitting morning.  This morning is a play with Marcus and Cassie morning and I am looking forward to it.  They always have so much to tell me, and so much to say.  And when they are not busy telling me stuff, they are busy inventing ways to play.

It is invigorating and then it is time to go home.

This evening though, this evening, I should be able to get a start on my Lakeur sweater.  I'm looking forward to it and I am a little apprehensive at the same time.  I'm looking forward to it because I really do love the yarn.  I am going to have to play a little bit of colour games because there are so many different variations of natural tones in the yarns that I have collected, and I am kind of eager for that. I'm a bit apprehensive because this sweater is knit from the bottom up in the Icelandic way.  Knit the body in the round to the armpits, then knit the sleeves cuff up to the armpits, where sleeves and body are joined.  Then the colourwork is done, and then finally, whatever finishing you need to do.

Also, this sweater is designed as a colourwork cardigan, but I think once again, I am going with a pullover variation.  I will probably steek a neckline  placket later, but the rest is just going to be pullover.

It's so exciting waiting for a sweater to start!   I know.  In the great scheme of things, this is not important or big but it is me, plucking what treasures I can from life, and appreciating the small glorious things as they happen. 


No comments: