I finished a sleeve!
I only added 2 rounds of the colour section. The sleeve, which up until then was taking forever, was going along good, and I was midway through the third when I thought it was time to measure again. Too long! So, I pulled back to the second section, knit 3 rows of garter stitch and it was absolutely perfect.
I also did something I have not done with this sweater so far. I tried it on. I pulled the neck over once before to see if I wanted to add a fourth colour section to the yoke but otherwise, I have just been knitting. I'm pretty comfortable with what I have to do on a sweater like this where there might be some pattern use, but mostly it is a knit to fit proposition. But, not trying it on till you have one sleeve complete is a really silly thing to do. I mess up regularly and ought to know better.
In this instance, luck is with me and everything is fine. Yoke is good, length is fine, sleeves are ok and the faux cardigan looks almost better than I hoped. I can't wait to see it with the buttons on.
Today the plan is to finish the second sleeve or to get darn close. I do have a bit of sewing to do today, but there will be lots of time for that when it's time for a break in the knitting.