Tuesday 19 December 2017

Not the sweater

but something else very special.

For a while now I have been working on something special.  I started it last Christmas but didn't get it done.  With the trouble my hand has had this year, it still is not done.  So something special next year, but in the meantime, how do I say Merry Christmas and Thank you to a very special person.

My original replacement plan, Option B isn't arriving on time, so I had to go for Option C, but C is a definite winner.

Do you recall the very fine blue linen toweling I had? 


It wasn't quite long enough for two towels but I thought a towel and a bread cloth would work.  Well, not quite.  There was a stain that would not come out pretty much in the middle of the linen, so what that fabric is going to make is two bread cloths and some really nice scraps of linen for some small special thing down the road.

This pretty blue edged linen became Option C.

As I searched the internet for small embroidery patterns to use on the other towel sets, I found all sorts of interesting things, many of them sheep.  Sheep are a favourite subject for rug hooking, it seems.  The mass of their fleece means they don't require a lot of shaping lines to show off what they are.  I also found an awful lot of sheep cartoons.  

And that is sort of where I ended up when I was searching for Option C.  Cartoons of sheep.  


This first is from a free printable colouring page and the others all have attribution attached on the photos.




Any of these would have been great, but seriously, when I saw this, I knew where I was going with this breadcloth.  

© Bunny H. Davies , 'The Gods of Knitting' August 24, 2007

And so we have


and


and

 
all working together to make



something unique for a very very special friend. 

Frazzledknitter, thank you and have a very very Merry Christmas.


1 comment:

Christine said...

This is the MOST AMAZING GIFT and I am so honoured to have it!!!!!! It's just wonderful. Thank you so much!