Thursday 21 December 2017

Here at Santa's Workshop

I knit for almost 30 whole seconds today.  The entire day was put over to getting things done for Christmas.  We have been slowly doing stuff to get ready, but now we are at crunch time and we are moving along like lightning at a snail's pace.

The boys Duplo tables are pretty much done, though Keith needs to make some brackets to fit under the tables to hold up whatever containers they want to use for the Duplo.  After that these big gifts, just need wrapping and delivering.

And the mastwork, the Batcave/Wayne Manor.  Serious query:  Does Batgirl live at Wayne Manor.  I wasn't sure, but I have a feeling that she lives in the city in a posh condo apartment with a Batcave hidden below.  It is probably in the same building that the Avengers work out of, or at least in a building where they have a lab.  

It doesn't look like much yet, but trust me, other than putting the unit together, and deciding how we want to treat the top of the back, we are doing pretty well.  

We weren't 100 percent sure about a lot of things but I think we are hitting the mark.  Cassie likes purple, so the decor is purple.  Batgirl is apparently wearing purple, so we are good to go.  The kitchen furnishing are pretty much done.  Kitchen cabinets and fridge and stove just need a few tweaks and they are ready.  Table and trendy bench seating is already planned and just needs building.  Couch is all ready but for assembly.  Beds, dresser, bath fittings, all planned and ready to go. 

So are the soft furnishings.  I have collected a bunch of cool things for special touches and have only a few things that need a little sewing.  Some things are just going to be done with glue and magic.

I was planning for some knit throws and cushions and stuff for the dollhouse part, but seriously, with my hand problem, through the fall, it's just not going to happen.  I will make enough to keep my girl happy and if she wants more I will make more.    

Tomorrow is a long babysitting day, but there will be time when I get home to wrap presents.  Saturday it is going to be early to late, to get everything else ready and installed for delivery on Christmas Eve. 

It's all coming so fast.  It's all going so fast.  I was looking at all my kids and oh my how they have grown.  Isaac is 9 and he is going to melt hearts someday.  He is a wonderful caring brother.  Cassie is 5 and oh so ladylike and yet every inch my tomboy.  My two little princes are not so little.  Carter is 3 going on 4 and  has a twinkle in his eye.  He is so sweetly silly he just makes me laugh.  And then my powerhouse Marcus who lives big and dreams big and imagines even bigger.  How I love these little tykes.  And not too far down the road, well springtime, there might just be another wee one to hold at Carter and Isaacs house.  My heart is full and that is my best Christmas gift of all. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

♥️♥️♥️

Gy