Wednesday 6 December 2017

About Batman's bed and other subjects.

In search of answers to what kind of bed Batman sleeps in, I asked an expert.  Who is 5. Cassandra said, "Well, Batman is human because he has a secret identity.  He's Bruce Wayne, so just a regular bed."  I asked about Ironman and she didn't even let me finish.  She said, "Human.  He's Tony."  Then I asked about Thor.  She had no idea. 

In other subjects, I haven't talked about spinning for a while.  I still do regularly spin, though I usually manage to post a Tuesday post these days.  I have been trying to remember to bring my camera for weeks and have failed, routinely.  I do have some pictures on my phone but downloading them is, strangely enough, a bit of a problem.  

But this week, I remembered!  So here we go.

Frazzled Knitter's up first.  



She is working on a soft lavender braid right now.  The colours are so pretty in this one.

I'm working on the same Big Ball of fibre I started back in July or August.


I find I do have a photo from before I started it!  Big Ball.  And as of this morning, it doesn't look much smaller, though I swear to you it is.


We are down to the last third of the ball, and it won't be long before I need another bobbin.  Maybe.


The Victoria gets a little miffed, I think, if bobbins get too full.  It just gets harder to keep having the fine control that the wheel usually has.  But there is some clearing of the other bobbins work I need to do, if I want another bobbin.

It's been fun, and not at all as boring as it might be if it was all the same colour.  Each colour run is fairly long, but  there is always some sort of new thing popping in in a week or so.  It's a little like getting a new spinning project each week colourwise.

The longer I work with it, the more eager I am for the finished project.  It is definitely getting plied right away.  A chain ply, making it a three ply yarn is easier and comes pretty naturally.  This one might get knit up right away rather than sitting for months with the others.  It is just such fun to play with these colours.  Whoever you are.  I wish I knew who the dyer was, but the store says it isn't available any longer.  Too bad, really.  I'd be eager to get my hands on more.

And that is what is up in spinning.

No comments: