Saturday 4 November 2017

Today's work

I slept in this morning.  Till 9:30, which almost never happens.  I did wake at 4:30 which is much closer to my normal 5 - 5:30.   It was chilly.  I put on the Knit Girllls, crawled back under my covers and dozed off just as the were getting to spinning.  I do recall some lovely spinning, but I have no idea if there was more.  And then I slept.

My hand felt really good this morning, so I thought I would check it out and see how it did.  

I picked up my Granito sweater.


My goodness, it is time for a new picture of this.  I moved stitches around to get them onto another long needle so I could try it on and see what I have so far,  and then knit all the stitches back onto the shorter needle I have been working on.  I also checked my stitch count to see what more I need and to see how much more knitting I need to do to call it long enough.  I can say with confidence, it fits really nicely and it needs a lot more length.  A lot.

After I did this, even though my hand felt pretty good, I decide not to push it.  I did decide that it felt good enough to do something that I have planned for a while.

My project page on Ravelry is not one of those lovely looking pages.  The photos are almost always just after the knitting is finished, with only very rare pictures of sweaters that look really attractive.  I do honestly wish it was prettier, but I am not a photographer.  I am a knitter alone with no one to take photos of me.  To make my page better in the future, I decided to make some blocking forms for certain small things like socks and mittens.    

The blocking forms started with socks.  I did have some a while ago, but gave them away before my first move.  The small form was too small for my socks,  I no longer needed the too large one, for Mr. Needles socks.   Still I felt that socks are a place where I wanted to do better with pictures,  particularly now that I seem to be doing a fair number of patterns rather than my favourite plain socks.  The very pretty Nutkin socks would have shown up so much nicer for blog photos on a blocker. 


Some time ago my friend, frazzledknitter, made some interesting blockers for mittens using ordinary plastic placemats and I was inspired.



Foot blockers that will fit my socks and mitten blockers with two kinds of thumbs and in two sizes, because I had  a placemat left over! 

And that was just about enough testing of my hand today.  Cutting doesn't seem like much but the active motions are not that different than the motions I use in knitting.  It doesn't seem like much, but there is nothing I want to avoid more than re-injury.  Nothing.

So, sign me off as slightly less batty than yesterday.  I will have to take care for a while still, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!

No comments: